Friday, June 19, 2009

Seeking God's Will...

How do you get a definite answer from God? I believe that He wants me at Spring Arbor. Obviously, whether or not I get accepted is a good indicator, but I got accepted at Flint, and that fell through because He didn't want me there. I have a FAFSA processed, am finishing my GED, and Spring Arbor has said they will work with me, meaning that it's not a problem if my GED scores don't get there until early August, it won't be too late. However if/when I get accepted, I want to know that it's what God has for me. That it's where He wants me. I don't want to go there and be miserable because I didn't seek His will and didn't go where He wanted me. I hate being so afraid of taking the wrong step because I'm still not sure how God speaks to me, how He gives me definite answers. I will say one thing, doors seem to be opening more easily for SAU than they did for Flint. Also, I've heard the same Bible verse repeatedly through different, separate outlets... altogether I think six times in the last three days. Romans 8:28... I like how The Message puts it:

  • 26-28Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.
I believe that He can, will, and IS working this for something good. But how do you change that sentence, "I believe SAU is where God wants me" to "I KNOW SAU is where God has called me, and I'm going"? Good news about my FAFSA, in any case... my EFC was calculated as $0 so I'm eligible for a LOT of Pell Grants, Work Study, and Low-Interest Loans. I was happy to hear that. :)

1 comment:

  1. Always, always, always look at Scripture within context. Paul was writing to al the Christians in the Roman church.

    He starts out talking about the struggle between sin and flesh in (v.1-11), and explains that we are not bound by our flesh, because we've been given sonship (v.12-17) and THEN...

    v.18-30 talks about going from suffering to glory. Here's the interesting part. We go from glory to glory right? Glory to glory, involves suffering. Our glory comes through suffering, trial, and hard times. Yes, it's the age old story... and going through the fire, THIS is how we grow in Godly maturity.

    So what do we do when we're not sure if we're hearing the Lord?

    Make sure these questions get answered:

    * What am I called to? Do I know?
    * If yes, then is what I'm pursuing working towards that?
    * If no, then best not to make any large commitment/decision without knowing.
    * What was the LAST thing I was for sure God told me to do or had said? Did I follow it?


    Also, that verse about all things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose.

    How do we know if we love God? We obey Him.


    Just some things to ponder.

    ReplyDelete