Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2/24/2009: Still walking...

Today has been interesting. My sister-in-law and her son, my nephew came to stay with us today. I wish the circumstances were better. Kris had to leave her fiance because he's physically abusive and this time, he left marks. She's afraid, she's nervous, he's in jail. It's hard for her to eat or be around her son because he reminds her of this creep.

It's hard for me. I've always had a thing for being hospitable, and I love to do that, but I don't know how to relate to her. I like to be empathetic, but I have no idea what she's going through right now. She's here until Saturday. You can tell that she wants to busy herself. She's been taking a break from work and school, (she's studying to be an RN), and she wants to go out, watch movies, read my Twilight books. Anything but think, I do believe.

It's funny, because in a lot of situations, God seems to give me the words and the spirit to comfort people pretty well. I love comforting people and helping them to see something beyond themselves and their current situation. For some reason, I have no idea what to say to Kris, how to make her feel better about this. Can I? Is that possible?

She's here until Saturday, and I'm going to do my best to try and make her as comfortable as possible. I find lately that a lot of the household duties have been falling to me. I make dinner, I clean up the kitchen and wash the dishes and pick up around the house and make people as comfortable as possible. It's draining... I have to have my quiet time before I go to bed. I've remained faithful to it, though, even if I DO pass out basically after I get finished. It's my belief that if I remain faithful, I won't be able to be shaken and God will stick with me.

'Til tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment