I'm okay. I had a fantastic conversation with my Grandma via phone tonight. She's amazing. So wise and such a support to me.
I smoked again. Twice. I have to be completely honest because lying gets me no where. My first reaction was to beat myself up.
But then God spoke, as he so often does. "Ashlee, everyone falls. Please don't beat yourself up or allow the enemy to beat you up. I am here. My mercy and grace is sufficient to see you through this. Get back up and try again. Rely on me, and you won't fall so easily next time temptation presents itself."
SO. I get back up and I try again tomorrow, right? Or am I missing something?
In any case, I feel waaay more peaceful than I did this morning. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Peace is a companion of the Lord. Very frequently that was something He would speak when engaging in conversation with someone, even His own disciples.
ReplyDeleteHow many times does He approach someone and say, "Peace...Be still...Do not be afraid....Do not fear."
It is when we lose focus and faith in God that we walk in unrest. As it was said of Israel that they did not enter the promise land and had no rest because of doubt and unbelief.
We must be in watch for these things and ask ourselves:
"What am I believing that is contradictory to the Word?"
"Am I willing to deny God? Because if I am not wiling to deny Him, I must take Him at His Word."
THESE are helpful questions to maintain peace and continue the renewing of the mind.