Ta-dah! What's funny is that I got this very word as I was speaking with you yesterday on Facebook, Kimmy. Of course, I had to test it out a little bit. But, at the most random times during the day yesterday, it would pop back into my head. While I was doing dishes, while I was chasing after my nephew, while I was talking to my mom. So... who wants to know my new name???
It's not just one word, it's two! Drum roll please...
...
...
...
My new name is...
REDEMPTION SONG.
Oh yes, it fits. I cried when He first gave it to me. And does anyone wish to know the best part? He didn't just give me this name. Nope! Yesterday, as I was in the shower, words to a poem started to flow through my head. Now, I haven't written poetry in ages. I've just been too blocked or busy, never having time. I've had no inspiration or source. Well... the King of inspiration gracefully decided to allow me to put pen to paper last night and have a go at it. And here is the result:
You've been asleep for too many nights,
Darkness sets in, you stand to fight
Oh how I long to fight by your side,
If only you'd let me in, instead you run and hide,
I can see you're tired
I know you long to give in,
Convinced you'll never be victorious
Certain you'll never win.
I have called you to so much more,
If only you'd try and see,
Moving mountains, changing nations,
Nothing is out of your reach with Me.
Wake up now and breathe me in,
Absorb me, I flow through your veins
I see a light return to your eyes,
You know you'll never be the same.
I love to watch your face when I speak
The strength you gain day by day
I love seeing it on your face: you know I'll never go away.
You've been asleep for far too long;
Wake now, my precious child
And hear your redemption song.
This is AWESOME, can I just say?!? I knew that God was good and he could do some pretty amazing things because I've been watching Him do them lately, I had no idea that it'd be His desire for me to write again, even if it's just this last time. I KNOW that this poem was inspired by Him, given to me by Him.
I'm so EXCITED!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I absolutely love it. What a beautiful name filled with truth and promise. How creative is our God? Let the words come Ashlee, so excited!
ReplyDeleteAlso, do yourself a favor and start on Chapter 1 of Victory Over the Darkness, we'll talk about when I call. :)
We're on the way...
P.S. I need your address. :)
I've read the first chapter of Victory Over the Darkness. I like it, but I'm having a little bit of trouble with it. Anderson is a male, you can definitely tell that. And it's evident that he was a former Engineer, as he explains. He's very much a "Point A" leads you to "Point B" thinker, with the charts and diagrams and everything. He makes some very good points, though. And if you believe it's what I'm to be doing, I'll do it. Don't judge a book by it's first chapter, huh? (If I had done that, I might NEVER have finished I Kissed Dating Goodbye!) :)
ReplyDeleteI loved writing last night, it awoke that old passion in me. It was funny, because it just came and came, I didn't stop or cross anything out, (except for one part at the end), I didn't even revise it before posting it on here. It's raw, but that's definitely where I'm at. Down to the bones, basically. Starting at the starting gate.
I told the ladies in our Bible study tonight about you and our new thing and they're praying over it. They're all so amazing, I feel blessed to have their prayers covering me and our mentoring. :)
Oh, by the way, my address is:
411 East State Street
Colon, MI 49040
And also, what day/time were you planning on calling? If you don't know yet, that's fine, but I want to make sure I'm home. My dad, mom, and I were planning on going to the Lamp Post in Coldwater to pick up some books, (I REALLY want to read Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy and have another go at When God Writes Your Love Story), and we're also going to look at a purity ring for me. :)
We're definitely on our way. :) Love ya.