Confession time, I think...
I botched the liquid diet today. I stuck to the rules of Bariatric nutrition. No simple carbs, no soda, and I didn't drink with my meals. However, I was supposed to be doing the three day liquid diet because I felt as though God wanted me to fast and really focus on Him. Then, for dinner, I made tacos for the fam and the smell of the hamburger was killing me. So I snuck a bite. And it was all downhill from there.
I told the ladies on my Bariatric message board that I messed up, but that doesn't mean I have to slide back in to what I was doing or into beating myself up. It took me a few days with smoking, and I have to face that it may take me even a little longer with this. I'm GOING to mess up... everyone does. But the good news is that I still had three protein shakes today, over 96 grams of protein and ALL of my vitamins. YAY!
So tomorrow we work on doing even BETTER than today!
PS... We got our new puppy, Shiloh, today. He's a Border Collie. Absolutely adorable. I'm going to miss Cujo with everything in me, but I know God can see me through my grief. It'll be nice to get away for a little bit, though. Then I can come home and start bonding with my new baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Ashlee,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had the beginning of your fast. I want to encourage you to keep pushing forward in it although I know the temptation to say, "I already screwed up...so what does it matter..." may arise.
Focus. It's not about NOT doing this or that, but it is about showing your devotion to the Lord, not your devotion to your promise/word/goal.
I love you! We'll catch up again soon and finish up that phone call.
P.S. How is victory over the darkness going?