I want my heart to be clean. Obviously, I can't use a Swiffer. Which kind of bites because I LOVE using those things. Seriously, everytime my mom cleans I ask to mop just so I can use the Swiffer.
ANYWAY. Ahem. Sorry about that. I need to kind of clean out my heart and my mind of the stress, worry, distrust, and all the other general sin that's been building up lately. Especially since I want to be really in tune this weekend when I go to Illinois. Which is actually only three or four days away, (depending on whether or not you count Thursday when I'll be there... I don't, so it's three).
Also, God has been convicting me especially hard now that I've quit smoking that it's time to stop dwelling on wanting a cigarette and get to work on the next task He has for me. Which is, to say, my bondage to food. I've been fighting Him even harder on this one than the smoking because I know it's going to be harder, and require more trust and time. To kick off this week, clean out my heart, set to work on my next foothill, and be in tune for this weekend, I've decided to fast for three days.
My Grandma, (mom's mom), fasts pretty hardcore... she doesn't eat. I, obviously, can't do that because of my surgery and my iron levels being so low. I could, of course, but I do think God wants me to use my brain. Instead, I'll be doing a liquid protein fast, drinking seven protein shakes during the day every two hours and spending a LOT of time in prayer and in the Word. It's been getting kind of monotonous lately, Bible study every night... I told you I get bored easily. So instead, I figured I'd press into God pretty hardcore for the next three days and see what He gives me.
So seven shakes plus vitamins tomorrow. No TV, no Facebook, No Z-Board... I might post here, I don't know. Only Christian music. I'm just going to focus. Because now I know that if I want to be in right standing with God badly enough, there isn't anything I won't do.
Bring it on!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment