Thursday, March 12, 2009

3/12/2009: I'm Going to College...

Firstly... my family didn't have the money to send me to Experience. I had $75 left from the $100 that I was blessed with, and I had to loan it to my parents just so they could get some food items and put gas in the cars for the rest of the week. My dad gets paid on Saturday, but obviously, that wasn't soon enough to go to Rockford. God's way of saying it wasn't His plan?

Also, the exact same day that we decided, (well I did, my parents left it up to me), that we couldn't make it to Rockford, I got an email. It said it was from UM-Flint, Admissions and the title said: YOU HAVE BEEN ADMITTED.

Just like that... in all caps. The email read thusly:

Ashlee~

You’ve been admitted…Congratulations!! You have been admitted as a Resident of Michigan .

You can log onto your account using your social security number and 6 digit birthdate (MMDDYY). If you change your password, please make note of it. Your official admittance information is on its way via U. S. Mail. We are currently assigning you your UMID and email address. You will need this information to access Orientation information.

Information regarding Orientation can be found at the following website: http://www.umflint.edu/advising/orientation.htm Upon receipt of your official admissions packet, you can access your orientation information using the ID and email address indicated on the colored form.

UM-Flint’s Financial Aid code is 002327. Be sure to use this code when submitting your FAFSA.

Please contact our admissions team with any questions at (810) 762-3300 or by email at admissions@umflint.edu.

Welcome to the University of Michigan Family! GO BLUE!!

I think I sat there staring at the computer for ten minutes. Then I do believe I screamed my sister's name. I started crying and laughing simultaneously. I had to call the Admissions Office and ask them if my decision still stood due to the fact that I had to get my GED and they said yes, it did.

It's like God held out a silver platter and said, "Here's your dream. See what happens when you give it over to Me and tell me you're gonna trust Me?"

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment