Wednesday, March 4, 2009

3/4/2009: When We Pray...

For the tired and the weary,
Lost and confused
Hopeless and needy with nothing to lose,
For those who are falling or have already fallen away,

Cause our hearts are exploding
With compassion and love
For a world that is dying to be lifted up

Oh we pray,
Humbly we seek Your face
Broken yet unafraid to meet you here
We'll leave it all in your hands,
Know that You hear us when we pray.

Tonight is the prayer vigil at my church that we've been planning for some time now. I have two or three hours all by myself to go through the church and lay myself right at the feet of the King. I'm thrilled. I KNOW that He hears me when I pray and I trust him completely and wholeheartedly to answer me. I'm going into tonight with an attitude of expecting to meet my God and to see Him and His awesome power. I completely and fully expect to be brought to my knees and laid flat on my face before the Most High. I'm so flipping excited!!!

I can't rid myself of my feelings of excitement or passion, nor would I want to. I never want to seem monotonous in my walk, nor do I want to lose my passionate reasoning for believing what I believe. I never want to forget where I was and where I am now... I never want to stop giving God every single ounce of glory and praise for bringing me through the darkness and into this amazing life of mercy, grace, compassion, peace, love... and overwhelming joy and passion.

I'm preparing my heart for what I'm sure is going to be an amazing night. I'm getting to ready to have a prolonged meeting with my Savior. SO EXCITED!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ash!

    I want to hear all about this when you get back, okay? So I want to see a blog tomorrow about what the Lord speaks, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete